Thursday, September 3, 2009

You had me at soy cheese

The new Lotus Cafe in Encinitas has opened & we couldn't be more thrilled. I've been watching and waiting (it's right across the street from Yoga Tropics), so when we passed by yesterday with a hungry child& saw the doors open, I popped in for take out. The kids' meals are all $3.50, and really substantial. We ordered the Indigo Child's Wrap (whole wheat chapati folded over pinto beans & cheddar cheese) and was delighted to learn that they have soy cheese too. The wrap came with blue corn chips & salsa. This made for two meals for Eva.

What else did we spy on our visit? Muir Glen organic ketchup, mustard, bottles of Bragg's, and then some. It's counter service (order & sit down to wait), which I find to be one of the easiest and stress free ways to feed a family. The employees were awesome, I felt totally welcome even though I was only ordering kids food. They have two rows of gorgeous wooden booths, and the whole place is lined with windows. Lotus cafe, thank you for doing it right! I'm already planning a mama meet up there, it is a delightful addition to our community. I snagged a to go menu, here's a sampling of what they offer. I wish I had brought my camera!
Shanti burger (tempeh burger)
Grilled portobello sandwich
tempting tamale (veggie tamale)
All sorts of smoothies & shakes
And, yes, they do carry meat based entrees as well.
Located right around the corner from SoulScape, I can't think of a better location. They even offer vanilla soy ice cream.

1 comment: