Saturday, September 26, 2009

A beautiful children's meditation

I have been longing to find a really great children's meditation to use for shavasana. I feel that after 45 minutes of listening to my voice, the kids would benefit from hearing something else. I cried when I found this one "Inner Peace-Affirmations for growing up in a crazy world" by Stin Hansen, recorded by Tatiana-age 12. It is so wonderful in so many ways, and I love that the meditation is spoken by a child. Here are a few of the affirmations:
  • I can control how I treat myself and others in each moment.
  • I choose peace instead of rage or anger
  • I look for the peaceful and the beautiful things that are all around me
  • Think about the person that the best part of you wants to become

As I listened to it several times, Eva started repeating the affirmations. You can imagine how delighted I am to tell you that this beautiful meditation is also free to download on itunes, just plug the name into the search bar. We plan on using it when she wakes in the morning, and as she's going to sleep.
Do you have a children's meditation that you love & would like to share? Please comment below. Enjoy, and Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment